Herbal Hand Cleanser
Enjoy clean hands anytime, anywhere when handwashing with soap and water isn't available. Formulated with a specific blend of anti-infectious essential oils to help your family ward off seasonal threats and boost your immune system.
Packaging: Green PET Plastic with Black Fine Mist Sprayer
- Directions: Shake before each use. Place enough product on hands to cover all surfaces. Rub hands together until dry. Supervise children when using this product. Other Information: Store between 15-30C (59-86F). Avoid freezing & excessive heat above 40C (104F). Please read Cautionary statements below including Essential Oils You & Your Children before application.
Ages 6 & Over
- Distilled Water; Organic Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Fir Needle (Abies sibirica), Frankincense (Boswellia serrata), Cinnamon Leaf (Cinnamomum verum), Clove Bud (Syzygium aromaticum)
Ages 2 to 5
- Distilled Water; Organic Aloe Barbadensis Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Picea mariana, Organic Origanum majorana, Organic Lavandula angustifolia, Organic Melaleuca ericifolia, Organic Citrus x limon.
- Caution: For external use only. Flammable. Keep away from heat and flame. Do Not Use on children less than 6 years of age or on open skin wounds. When using this product keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation or rash occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Essential Oils, You & Your Children: Adverse skin reactions are obvious when they happen, but systemic toxicities may not be. The following guidelines are informational only and are not intended as medical advice. To the contrary, LJN advises every essential oil user, including parents, do their own research AND discuss the usage and safety guidelines with their doctor and their child's pediatrician prior to application of any essential oil regardless of age.
- Essential oils are not appropriate for all people, all ages, and may cause harm to you, your family, even your pets if used incorrectly. This is especially important if you or your children are, or have been, treated for any health issue, are taking medication, if you are pregnant or lactating, and when your children are under the age of 11. Doing your own research and talking with your family physicians can provide a measure of safety against topical irritation, sensitivity, photosensitivity and sensitization. It can also help you understand how to select products that have the appropriate oils, that are pure, and have been properly diluted in order to avoid systemic toxicity, such as fetotoxicity, hepatotoxicity, and neurotoxicity.
- LJN offers two formulations of Herbal Hand Sanitizer as not all essential oils are kid safe. For those that kid safe, there are still factors that must be considered such as dilution rates, certain chemo types and their chemical constituents, extraction method, purity, and the age of the user, and, as previously mentioned, medical conditions, and health status. Other things to consider:
- Children are more sensitive to aromas and more receptive to the therapeutic use of essential oils.
- Children have immune systems that are not fully developed and are overall less able to deal with adverse effects when concentrated essential oils are used in the air around them (diffusion) or on them. This also applies to those with a compromised immune system, regardless of age.
- Peppermint, eucalyptus and certain chemotypes of rosemary contain high amounts of menthol or 1,8-cineole which can cause slowed respiration in some children. Because of this, industry experts recommended that peppermint not be diffused around or applied to the skin of children under the age of 6, and eucalyptus is to be avoided on or around children under age 10.
- The skin of infants and children is much thinner and more sensitive than adult skin. Essential oils, being highly concentrated, should be used with great caution on the skin of children under age 2. Newborns, in particular, are less able to deal with any adverse effects due to the over-use of improperly diluted essential oils.